SAFE PLAY PROTOCOLS FOR ANTS SPORTS PROGRAMS
Please confirm you understand our safety protocols & participant requirements in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Update as of 1/4/2021:
ANTS Sports & Enrichment is implementing new recommended guidelines and protocols issued by the Public Health Agencies and leading youth sports organizations such as the USTA and US Soccer. These planned safety steps include the following:
- All participants, including coaches, are required to wear masks at all times
- Outdoor classes will be no larger than 8 kids/court or field, and will always be held outdoors.
- During sports classes, we will design activities and water breaks to facilitate safe (6+ft) distance from one another. During tennis classes, each child will be assigned their own mini court and space to play on, using ANTS specialized nets and equipment. There will be times where we unite on one court for instruction or team games. In those cases, coaches will always keep personal distance from everyone, and will ask kids to do the same (unless they are siblings).
- We will utilize placement dots or cones to assist the youngest kids to stay distanced (giving them a visual cue).
- Each child should have his/her own racket and/or ball and will be instructed not to touch other childrens’ equipment or physical possessions.
We ask parents/guardians to collaborate with us by ensuring the following is understood by kids before coming to class:
- Children should wear masks at all times unless otherwise not possible
- Before class, parents should discuss with their children the importance of distancing from others during class (including while playing, exercising, and snack time).
- Children should not join class if they have a temperature, feel unwell, or think they may have been exposed to any external situation where the virus could’ve been transmitted.
- If your child or your family member has tested positive for COVID-19 at any point, please notify ANTS immediately so we can keep other families & coaches informed and prepared.
Thank you for your cooperation.
-The ANTS Sports Team
RELEASE OF LIABILITY FOR MINOR PARTICIPANTS
READ BEFORE SIGNING
IN CONSIDERATION OF my child being allowed to participate in any way in the ANTS Sports & Enrichment youth sports program and related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
ANTS Sports & Enrichment has taken certain steps to implement recommended guidance and protocols issued by the Public Health Agencies for slowing the transmission of COVID-19, including, without limitation, the guidelines set forth above. The undersigned acknowledges and agrees that ANTS Sports & Enrichment may revise its procedures at any time based on updated recommended guidance and protocols issued by the Public Health Agencies and further agrees to comply with the revised procedures prior to utilizing the services and programs of ANTS Sports & Enrichment. The undersigned further acknowledges and agrees that, due to the nature of sports, social distancing of 6 feet per person among young children and their caregivers in an outdoors setting is not always possible. The undersigned fully understands and appreciates both the known and potential dangers of utilizing the services and programs of ANTS Sports and acknowledges that use thereof by the undersigned and/or such participating children may, despite the reasonable efforts of ANTS Sports & Enrichment to mitigate such dangers, result in exposure to the novel coronavirus and COVID-19, which could result in quarantine requirements, serious illness, disability, and/or death.
The risks of injury and illness (ex: communicable diseases such as MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19) to my child from the activities involved in these programs are significant, including the potential for permanent disability and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce these risks, the risks of serious injury and illness do exist; and,
- FOR MYSELF, SPOUSE, AND CHILD, I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES or others, and assume full responsibility for my child’s participation; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the program’s stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If I observe any unusual significant concern in my child’s readiness for participation and/or in the program itself, I will remove my child from the participation and bring such attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
- I myself, my spouse, my child, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS ANTS Sports & Enrichment, its directors, officers, officials, agents, employees, volunteers, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property incident to my child’s involvement or participation in these programs, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- I, for myself, my spouse, my child, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS all the above Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my involvement or participation in these programs, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- I, the parent/guardian, assert that I have explained to my child/ward: the risks of the activity, his/her responsibilities for adhering to the rules and regulations, and that my child/ward understands this agreement.
I, FOR MYSELF, MY SPOUSE, AND CHILD/WARD, HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT WE HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
UNDERSTANDING OR RISK
I understand the seriousness of the risks involved in participating in this program, my personal responsibilities for adhering to rules and regulation, and accept them as a participant.