Montclair Park, Oakland
Oakland Summer Camp 2020
OUSD update July 18th, 2020: Due to the earlier opening of school with distance learning, our August 10th & 17th camps at Montclair Park will run after school from 2-5pm. If you sign up for a camp that is cancelled due to public safety regulations, you’ll be given a 100% refund - no questions asked. Contact us with any questions!
Prepared safety protocols due to COVID-19: The safety of your children guides every decision we make. Below are the camp changes we're making to ensure safety of all players:
- Camps will begin on July 13, which is well after the city of Oakland has reopened courts for public use
- Each group will be no bigger than 10 kids spread out over multiple mini-courts so each kid will have his/her own court to play on.
- We will follow USTA protocols for the safe playing of tennis
- Each child will be assigned their own mini court and space to play on, using ANTS specialized nets and equipment. We will maintain 6 ft of distance at all times
- Camp will be limited to children 8 and older
- Coaches and participants will be required to wear masks at all times
Ok, now for the FUN stuff!
Summer is the best time to play and learn tennis with old friends and new! ANTS Camp will be an encouraging team environment with positive coaching, learning, and fun live-ball play scenarios for your children. Our program welcomes all new and experienced players of all skill levels, even those who have never touched a racket. Our approach is to teach the FUNdamentals of tennis through individual work, partner work, and fun team games.
- Week 1: June 22 - June 26th (Ages 5-8) - Cancelled
- Week 2: July 13 – 17 from 9am-12pm (Ages 8-12) - FULL (please add your child to our waitlist and you'll be notified if a spot becomes available)
- Week 3: August 3 - 7 from 9am - 12pm (Ages 8-12)
- Chabot Field - Cancelled
- Montclair Park - FULL (please add your child to our waitlist and you'll be notified if a spot becomes available)
- Week 4: August 10 - 14 from 2pm-5pm (Ages 8-12) at Montclair Park
- Week 5: August 17 – 21 from 2pm-5pm (Ages 8-12) at Montclair Park
Camp times: 9am-12pm (Aug 10th & 17th camps will run from 2-5pm)
Location: Montclair Park Tennis Courts (the courts right next to Montclair Elementary)
Cost: $335 (option to purchase age-appropriate racket for additional $30).
- ANTS Trained and Qualified Coaches. ANTS coaches focus on your child being safe and having FUN first! Second, ANTS coaches focus on having your child learn the game and get up to speed to play tennis!
- Progressive Curriculum: We teach the fundamentals of tennis through fun games, individual work, and partner work! The children will learn everything from technique to tactics, mental to physical, and strategy to FUN. We will incorporate tennis specific drills, as well as all-around athletic development games and drills. We will isolate comparable strengths and development areas within the kids to create a small group dynamic within a larger team setting, while still emphasizing working together as a team.
- ANTS size nets and courts that allow social distancing: ANTS courts are age appropriate! We bring all the equipment to maximize safety and fun. By having special nets we can also ensure each child has their own court to facilitate social distancing.
- ANTS Rackets (optional): Your child will be assigned a racket that fits him/her if purchased through ANTS for $30 (you may purchase here). NO oversized racket in ANTS Tennis! This makes it easier for you child to learn to swing and play.
- ANTS tennis balls: We utilize larger balls that bounce and travel slower, making it possible for your child to play real tennis faster!
If you wish to sign up for multiple weeks, please add each individual week to your cart. Your signup details on the following checkout page will be applied to each week.
All children registering for ANTS Tennis are required to have an age-appropriate racket. If your child does not have an appropriately sized racket, we are able to bring a new one to class for your child to keep and play with. Rackets cost $30 and you may add one to your cart here.